Monday, August 13, 2007

Something interesting in the *hardware* space? Whatever next!

I struggle to get excited about computer hardware. I work in middleware; the rest is mere detail. UNIX? Windows? RISC? Partitioning?   BORING!!!

But, then, every so often something comes along that seems genuinely interesting.

If Mark is for real (and he doesn't have a track record of just making stuff up), it would seem that it is now possible to migrate running workloads from one physcial machine to another.

I have to admit that such a thing would, indeed, be rather worthy of comment. I may even allow myself to emit a little "wow" sound.

 

So there. I did it. A post about hardware.

4 comments:

ben_in_algeria said...

I suggest VMWare ... 75% rise today after floating!

PS Dude, you're a right bugger for turning off anonymous commenting!

Beefy said...

Yeh Vmware and their Vmotion is great, I have been using it for 6 months now and have yet to find any major problems with it

Richard Brown said...

Chris - interesting; hadn't seen Vmotion.

Ben_in_algeria; sorry about the anonymous posting. Too much spam :-(

Iced Coffee Recipes said...

Thanks for the posst