Sunday, May 18, 2008

Old Street

My brother was down this weekend (primarily to attend a party being held by a theatre company who had recently performed a play he wrote).

Rather than go into town or stay local, as usual, I thought his arrival would be a good excuse to go somewhere different for a change.

So we went to Old Street. Now, I know this area has passed through "scary", "fashionable" and "mainstream" on its journey to "unremarkable" but I have managed to avoid going out there until now so it was new to me.

We went to an enjoyably idiosyncratic bar and had a great night.  Perhaps we'll go there again sometime.  Probably in 2011 or something, knowing how long it takes me to change my habits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to try wandering back on Tuesday as the nearby Honourable Artillery Company (HAC) is having an open evening for the public.

http://www.army.mod.uk/linkedfiles/hac/hacopenday200508.pdf

Richard Brown said...

Thanks for the link.... Unfortunately, I'll be at a course (ironically, in London but requiring evening working) until Wednesday.

Strangely, we actually held a marketing event at the HAC a few months ago (which I didn't go to). Shame on me!

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a good bar, and it was remarkably admirable of them to employ all those people with OCD.

Brian