Tuesday, October 04, 2005

London Science Museum

I've been meaning to go to the Science Museum for some time so popped down this morning.

I had been attracted by an exhibit on how we are constructing ever more amibitious buildings. As it turned out, I didn't find it - but there was plenty of other interesting stuff.

Two particular things that caught my eye were the Mechanical Engineering pieces and one particular exhibit in the Wellcome Wing.

The Mechanical Engineering area was fascinating. Having just started reading "The Wealth of Nations" (it's heavy going... I've managed the first two chapters so far), the pieces provided a stark demonstration of division of labour in action.

The exhibit in the Wellcome Wing that interested me was one I have blogged about in the past but forgotten about until now: the WebSphere MQ stand. It was quite arresting to see colleagues (and my fourth line manager) immortalised in a museum!

No comments: