Sunday, January 29, 2006

Back to Sweden

My team covers the whole of what IBM used to call EMEA (Europe, Middle-East and Africa). For reasons too dull to go into, we don't use the word EMEA any more but still.... Averaged across all our consultants in this team we have visited pretty much every major city of every country, multiple times over the time the team has been in existence.

But, it you study any particular consultant in isolation, you will find their travel patterns to be completely unique. I have some colleagues who spend their entire time on projects in the UK, others who seem to find themselves in Italy every week and others who dart about all over the place. There is no pattern to it and is a reflection of the different contacts we all have, our different skill sets and changing demand.

In my case, I seem to have spent a disproportionately large amount of time in Sweden. And, this afternoon, I fly back out there again.

This trip is to teach a class on WebSphere Process Server. I've taught this particular class several times before but I always get nervous beforehand. I've spent some considerable time reviewing the materials and practising the presentations but one can always do more.

No comments: