Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Two Towers

I am not ashamed to admit that I am utterly perplexed by the massive interest people seem to have in elves, goblins, "Hobbits", wizards and other figments of Tolkein's over-active imagination. No..... Just NO.

However, don't let that put you off reading this interesting article by IBM's Michael Liebow. He talks about SOA from a business perspective ("not an end goal, but a means to an end") and gives good advice on how to ensure your vendor's interests are aligned with yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share your apathy for Tolkein. I've tried to read The Lord of the Rings on about 4 or 5 occasions and have never got past about halfway through The Return of the King. My father, who is obsessed and has a degree in English Literature, charitably said that this was because I read it at an age when I was able to appreciate how badly written the damn thing was. I haven't read the interesting article; it sounds offputtingly technical.

Richard Brown said...

Completely agreed about Tolkein.

The problem is that, a couple of years ago when I suggested to many of my friends that LoTR was, in fact, rubbish, they looked genuinely upset...