Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Last night in Vegas

Tonight will be the last night in Vegas - 10 hours in Economy to look forward to tomorrow. The solution, then, is clear: go out this evening and "tire" myself out.

Before then, I finally get to present. My slot is this afternoon. I'm presenting on the various integration runtimes that IBM has and how they relate to each other... when should you use one rather than the other?

I get conflicted when preparing presentations. Parading through 60 slides in an hour can be heavy going and some humour and "inside knowledge" can keep an audience interested. I've been told, however, that my humour is "very black". I'm not sure if that is good or not.

In any case, somebody considerably more successful than me told me: "If you're not being escalated more than twice a year, you're not pushing the boundaries far enough". Having never been escalated, I think that means I'm not trying anywhere near hard enough. So, the "black" humour stays. For now...

No comments: