Saturday, May 13, 2006

What if inflation really were higher than stated?

I blogged some time back that my personal experience of inflation is somewhat more extreme than the benign official figures would predict.

It seems that the Euro allows Spanish property investers to make some free money since the Euro-area interest rate is lower than the Spanish rate of inflation. (in short: mortgages are the easiest way for regular people to borrow large sums of money and, at present, this money is better than free... party while you can!).

Now, let's assume my personal experience of inflation is correct and that I really do experience inflation at a higher rate than the the interest rates currently on offer to me. Is there any financial device that would allow me to profit from this?

No comments: