Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tim Worstall should Edit the Today Programme

As must as I hate it, I find it impossible to turn the Today programme off.

Yesterday, I almost vowed never to listen to it again after a sanctimonious, economically illiterate speaker on "Thought for the day" urged listeners to help the poor of the world by refusing to buy the goods they produced. Great idea, Einstein. I think the words I yelled at the radio were something like: "This man is talking B*LL*CKS".

Anyhow, I'm glad I didn't start my boycott as they had an interesting piece this morning. Apparently, they will be allowing a group of listeners to edit the show on New Year's Day 2007.

Now I don't think I've yet done enough to establish my credibility as a balanced, knowledgeable, economically-literate observer of world events. But I know of a man who has.... Tim... if you're not preparing your application as we speak, you should be.

No comments: